Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tree Structures by Bigfoot?

I have seen a lot of these and I have to say that Old Growth forests have odd tree falls. The partial explanation of the larger tree structure is almost correct.  The fact is that trees will fall in many ways out there.  Most of those trees are ready to fall.  In fact my own back yard has a couple I pushed over myself just to show my nephew the danger of walking in old growth forests.  The main "structure" was devoid of bark.  Well porcupines will strip bark off of trees for whatever they can get and these older trees that are ready to fall are perfect for feeding on insects.As a matter of fact, this causes trees to die. The third structure at the base of the tree looks like deadfall to me. The proximity to a creek also gives rise to dead roots and in fact small animals burrowing beneath.  After all if you were a small animal wouldn't you want to be near your water source?  Hell! We live with water in our houses so I guess you would.


I cannot speak to the smaller stick structure as I did not personally have a chance to examine the ends and the tree it was found beneath. I can say with some certainty it was made by something but how these came together is the real question.  This is not proof of Bigfoot. It is proof that something or someone passed by and created it or it randomly fell that way.  Judging by the forked sticks I think it fell.

The problem with this video is they give us nothing to compare it to.  We do not see the pieces lying over each other, we do not see the ends as to whether there is a stump nearby. We do not see the lack of bark and possible insect trails on the logs so showing us this video is not proof. Did anybody draw it out for a better description?  No.

You can decide whatever you like but I'm going with nature on this.

8 comments:

  1. that's cuz your an idiot. we don't have porcupines in florida smart guy. You want detailed pictures..gimme a few and I will facebook them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that you should start with name calling. While I do not pretend to be an expert on the entire country I know that bear also strip bark. Is it possible the trees were dying from an insect infection anyhow? There is also root rot which can contribute to the condition. There are other reasons the bark can be stripped. What kind of trees are we talking about in this? There are too many assumptions made. I didn't write this to claim you didn't know what you were talking about or to call you names. I just wonder how you justify calling this related to bigfoot when there are so many other reasons for it to exist. Did you figure out where each piece came from? Did you photo or video both locations meaning the source and the final resting place? Did you measure the area and draw it out in a grid with numbering on both source and resting place on the grid? Video and someone's word isn't enough to prove this is bigfoot. It's all too subjective for real proof. I don't mind looking at more photos but will they do any good in providing incontrovertible proof or will they lead to more questions? Researchers need to focus on details as well as the whys and wherefores of what they believe because that is not proof. There are just too many details that went un-addressed. I'll await the photos if you want to show them to me. I haven't seen any arrive yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do I find you on facebook? johnny mcbigfoot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My FB page is Hunting for Bigfoot and my FB ID is David Weverka (Dragon statue as the profile pic)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing that I think many proponents of these fallen-tree-structures-as-proof-of-bigfoot overlook is that children playing in the woods frequently make teepee-like structures. My friends and I made many dozens of them over the years when I was a kid. Some of them we'd have the time and interest in trying to finish off with pine boughs or something else to provide a roof-like covering, others we'd throw together a few downed trees or branches before we got distracted by someone finding a frog or something else and never go beyond just a few sticks laid across one another.

    Another factor that is overlooked with regard to claims that some trees seem to be too big to be uplifted by natural forces or man is that the wind can sometimes be extremely powerful and can do unpredictable things. Last year during a storm, I happened to be looking out my patio door when a very powerful gust of wind hit and it picked a 100+pound gas grill with propane tank up off the floor of the deck and threw it 15 feet across my deck - the wind literally caught the cover like a sail and lifted it up at least 8" or more, not just dragged/rolled it.

    -NMRNG

    ReplyDelete
  6. One other thing - Stacy, no need to call anyone names. Ironically, I think you're missing the point of this blog.

    Last time I checked, there are deer and rodents in Florida and during the winter, even your mild southern/Caribbean winters, surely they will find food harder to come by and may do what their species do in colder climates: eat bark.

    - NMRNG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not agree more NMRNG. Children can do some amazing things with some basic engineering knowledge. High winds, almost tornado strength winds can be found in mountains that can uproot groups of trees and put them in a twist much like tepees. Trees are can be like an umbrella in that their foliage provides the sail to pick them up from underneath propelling them. S

    Since Florida is known for storms it stands to reason that these will exist and more will be found. I wonder how many of these "structures" are found in Colorado and Northern New Mexico. I'm not saying that Stacy is wrong but I have to ask some of the harder questions. I can't leave them all to you NMRNG. :)

    ReplyDelete